Monday, March 2, 2009

Radioactive

Yep...that's me. I am currently radioactive. I have had gut "issues" ever since Emmy was born and my lower intestines just don't seem to like me all that well. I was actually bedridden for two weeks after she was born due to an excruciating amount of unexplainable pain that I was in. I had test after test that all ended up being inconclusive, and the major pain subsided after two weeks. Now it comes in spurts. I had it pretty miserably when I was preggers with Mae, and I actually saw the gastro-doc for it, but he couldn't do a lot for me because I was pregnant and there simply isn't much they can do safely. So I have dealt with it off and on for the past two years and decided I needed to get back in and see Gastro-doc again. I have seen this doctor before, but for whatever reason, I had to get another referral just to get an appointment.....and after all the rigmarole of getting a referral, I find out he isn't even scheduling for two months out!! GRRRR! And they say nationalizing health care is gonna make it better??!! IDIOTS! So I ended up scheduling with a PA who was absolutely wonderful. He took plenty of time to get my history and scheduled me for this X-Ray which is where I am today. I had to swallow these radioactive marker pills for three days so that they can see what's going on in my guts. Pretty cool.

If you think about it, please pray for me. I don't really know at this point what I want. If they don't find anything, we are back at square one...if they do...well....none of the options seemed good to me for that, but at least we would have a jumping off point as to what to do to make it better. I know that ultimately God is my healer, and I will accept that healing anytime now:)

No comments: