Saturday, March 21, 2009

Dancing Queen

Again, this has been just one of those weeks. Two of my three kids have come down with ear infections, and Maebree has been up for the past two straight nights...and by up all night...I mean up all night! I had a conference at church this weekend, so my mom graciously offered to keep the kids overnight (Russ has had to work both days) so I didn't have to pick them up late just to bring them back early the next morning. She wasn't banking on having to stay up all night with a croupy, coughing baby though. The conference was great...though I didn't really get to fully enjoy it because I was worried about my girl most of the time and had to leave early both days. Oh well.......

Before she came down with whatever the heck she has.....this is what Mae-Mae decided to do about 20 minutes before heading to church Wednesday night

That would be my very expensive Mary Kay face lotion that I am convinced was hand-made by God because it truly is a miracle cream. She used half of it on her head. All I could do was laugh:)

On Tuesday night, Emmy's dance class invited family to attend and watch a practice, something that we are not allowed to normally do. I figured out why while we were there. Some kids just do better when their parents are not watching, and that was evident with a couple of the girls. It was nice to see what our money was going to monthly. Unfortunately, she was starting to feel kind of junky that night, but I think she managed to pull it off quite nicely.



Their warm-up stretches.

Getting ready for their big "routine"....yes....those are the "numbers" on her butt:)

Practicing staying on her tippy-toes.


More of their routine
The big finish

You point that toe girl!! She is SO flash-dance in those leg warmers!
I love my little dancer! I always wanted to take some sort of dance, so I'm happy to live vicariously through her:) She doesn't really enjoy it all that much right now because she doesn't get to "do the dances she wants to" which is really just spinning in circles in a cute tu-tu.....but she will really enjoy it once she gets the basics down. She has her first big show in June, and we can't wait to see the fruits of her labor!

No comments: