Sunday, March 7, 2010

Living room remodel

We moved into our house almost 7 years ago this June. I had just had Emmy two weeks prior. And it had been the WORST two weeks a girl could have. Debilitating colon infection, two ER visits, tests that shall remain nameless that made me scream for drugs when birthing a child had not......Needless to say, rough was an understatement. We had the house built and had picked everything out in it. I was 7-9 months pregnant when doing this, so pretty much, I was useless. I didn't care, I just wanted in my house. I have regretted MANY decisions since then, and the living room carpet was a-number-one on the list. First of all....it was too light of a carpet in a SUPER high traffic area. Secondly, I have 3 kids. Thirdly, I babysit, and this is the main room for the kiddos. We TRIED to make sure people removed their shoes before entering the house, but that's not always been the case. So the carpet had to go......

We picked out some stuff from Menards and had bought it a couple weeks prior (since it was going off sale). Our awesome friend BK came over and helped my husband (and our wallet since he had all the toys necessary to do the job!) install it over two days. Those boys worked like DOGS for two straight days, and I am so happy, I am literally giddy! If I had not been in a neck collar (another story for another blog), I am pretty sure I would've done cartwheels!

I didn't really have a great "before" shot, but I have taken PLENTY of pictures in that living room. Just check the archives. The afters are.amazing.period.

Thanks BK for two LONG days of help, and thanks E for letting us have him for a weekend when I am SURE you have a "few things" going in your life you could've used him for:)

1 comment:

RK said...

i LOVE it! I want to tear this carpet it out so badly... maybe this spring, I hope.