Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A walk to remember

The weather was absolutely gorgeous today, so I decided that the girls and I would walk to church. We live only about a block and a half away, so with the exception of the fact that I walked there in 3-inch red heels, it was a good decision (mental note, throw a pair of flip-flops in purse).

The walk there was stressful. I was rushing out the door (shocking, I know!), the girls just couldn't seem to get their memory verses right, I was hollering at them, Mae spilled some random drink all down the front of her (it's her thing, she grabs a drink, no matter how many weeks old it has been sitting there, and just drinks it), just complete madness. I was angrily telling them their verse over and over (ironically, it was about signs that people are filled with the Holy Spirit, and I was not exhibiting any signs at the time), Faith was near tears, and Maebree was throwing a hissy fit about holding my hand when we crossed the street.

The walk home was completely different with the exception of my tingling, sore feet. The girls were happily walking along together. Mae held my hand the WHOLE time. We were giggly and joking with each other. Em spotted a frog and we stopped and watched it for a minute, not really in a rush to get home. They were telling me about their class, and Mae was in absolute awe of the stars. We never even see stars at our house because the street light is right in the corner of our yard, but BOY could she see the stars! She even swore there were spiders on the stars and said we needed to run faster so the spiders didn't come and bite her new dress. She is so my kid.

I don't know if we all lost our attitudes at church, our maybe we just got filled up with the Holy Spirit while we were there:) But it was nice. Nice to just walk, in peace, and just enjoy my girls.

1 comment:

melbys said...

i LOVE this! for some reason i'm left with a feeling of anticipation and excitement! i want to experience that walk home with my kids!