Monday, March 22, 2010

Fog

I'm in a bit of a fog today....I was REALLY in one yesterday, it's that fog that takes over after you've been up all night hugging the toilet. And that is not something I do often. My body rejects even the prospect of puking. I just can't do it. I've tried even making myself do it because I KNOW I will feel better and sleep better after, but it doesn't work. Boy did it work Saturday night. Whoa....I don't know if it was the massive consumptions of food from our conference at church, or what it was, but I.was.sick. I slept until 3:00 yesterday, woke up, had a bagel, then went back to sleep 'til 6:30 was up a couple hours and back in bed. Today I am much better and in a disinfecting mood.

BUT.....all that to make a SHAMELESS plug for my cousin's business (who is constantly making shameless plugs for me on her blog:) is to say that the dizziness and *most* of the head issues I have been having are so so so so SO much better. I saw an ENT doctor a couple weeks ago who diagnosed me with BPPV (a form of vertigo). She also said I have some fluid/hearing issues that they would follow up with me about later (still haven't). I felt ok for a couple days, but woke up the next Monday with some major dizziness. I had decided to go back to seeing my cousin's hubs, who is a chiropractor. What a difference a cracking makes! I walked out of there feeling like the *fog* I had been in was gone. So....strange.... I've been going back on schedule and keep feeling better and better. I even jogged two times last week (not just around the block, over 2 miles each time!). I still have some hearing issues, fluid in my ears, just nasty stuff. Noise really bothers me. Low noise, like base guitars and drums and low-voiced women;) But I'm doing much.much. better THANK YOU JESUS!

So....if you need a chiropractor, go see Dr. Jeff Melby. He's great, and not just 'cause he's family. I honestly haven't felt this good since last year. Plus, he is probably the cheapest guy around if money's an issue. You can get an adjustment (or as I say "cracking" cause it sounds funner) for $20 which is cheaper than what most insurance copays are anyway!

No comments: