Saturday, July 11, 2009

Milestone Mader

That is what I am calling this kid of mine. I know I have been "heavy" with Maebree info lately, but seriously, it's like she is doing somehting new every single day!

For the past two days, she has, without ANY prodding from me, went potty, on the big girl potty all day! I put her in a Spiderman Little Swimmer (yep, I'm an awesome mom and ran out of diapers) hoping we could just make it to the store for diapers. She started asking to go potty, I took her, she went. All day. At the end of the day, she told me that she didn't want to pee on Spiderman. Really? She peed all over the Dora Pull-Ups I got her, but Spiderman was off limits. I have, however, found that it is perfectly acceptable to poop on Spiderman. Gotta work on that one, but isn't that the deal with all kids? What's with the aversion to just "lettin it all go!"? I don't get it! It's fine, we are not pushing the issue. I'm just thrilled she is willing to try when the other two were well onto three by the time they wanted to do anything with a potty.

So, tonight, as a celebration of another good day, I gave her her first s'more. She licked every inch of her cracker, but left the cracker:)



Oh, and the previous video and picture are thanks to my new little "point-and-shoot" I bought today. Another Nikon (after much deliberation!). I can't decide if I love it or not, but so far, it's not been too bad. We are going to the zoo next week, so I'll let you know if I'm going to keep it or not after seeing those pictures.

1 comment:

binin said...

we had s'mores at VBS monday night, she should have come and joined us.