Saturday, May 23, 2009

Mind games

Question.....why is it that when you are dieting or working on your figure, or any thing of the sort, the lack of sugar and carbs always plays tricks on your mind? I SWEAR that the towel I used to dry off after the shower smelled like a stinkin' Powdered Creme Donut......NO JOKE! I just kept smelling it and smelling it....I had to resist the temptation to actually bite into it!

But that's not even the worst of it. I spent 25 minutes the other day paralyzed in fear as a massive spider crawled all over my ceiling. I lost it for a while (I even threw my cat in that general area so he might sniff it out and scare it), then it came back out to torment me some more. I had my vacuum all ready to suck it up (so I wouldn't have to get too close), and I simply couldn't do it. Finally, I came to my senses, found the bottle of Pine-Sol, sprayed the sucker til he fell on the floor (where I felt I had the upper hand) and I smashed the living crap (literally) out of the sucker! All the while I was screaming like I was being chased by an axe murderer. Yesterday, I called my 8-year-old daughter in to kill one that was in my bathroom. She simply went into my closet, grabbed one of Russ's shoes, jumped up on the bathtub and smashed him to smithereens without even blinking an eye. I was crouched in the corner by the toilet. I have never been more proud:) Of my kid that is..........

This morning, I woke up at 5:00 a.m. SURE that my garage door was opening. I sat up, realized I was wrong and layed back down in my super groggy state. All the sudden, I swear to you I heard Faith screaming "Mom!" "Mom!" as she was being taken across my front yard and down the street. I shot straight up out of bed, ran into their room (where the 7-pound watch dog starting barking and hissing like crazy at me) only to find her sleeping soundly in her bed. It was then that I realized it was a goose honking wildly as it passed my window that morning. I thought a goose was my daughter being kidnapped.........***sigh****** I think I better eat some cake.

1 comment:

RK said...

Ok, I'm cracking up! I'm glad I'm not the only one that experiences stuff like that!