Monday, May 18, 2009

Jog baby jog!

I decided that since I have allowed cake to rule my life these past few weeks (as well as potato chips, hot fudge sundaes, cookies, you get the picture), that I needed another kick in the butt to get back in gear. My husband informed me that he is taking me somewhere nice for my 30th b-day next week ( I know! I can hardly believe it to! Not that he's taking me somewhere nice, that I'm going to be 30), and I was to go out and buy a dress, shoes, the whole nine yards. So my mom and Nichole graciously came with me (and endured as well as helped entertain my kids!) on Saturday to hunt down a dress. We shopped for like 5 hours, but finally picked a winner. Of course, it was the last store we went to...go figure! Anyway, this dress is a cute strapless number, and since I am shaped like a football player up top, and have gotten quite soft in the midsection, I decided to force my husband to keep me from all things sugar as well as force me to exercise in an effort to look even better for my b-day.

Today I was horribly unmotivated to do anything, let alone go jogging. After grocery shopping and grabbing a quick energy bar at the store, I came home determined to full fill exercise commitment. I started out walking and then decided to jog.....and I kept going....and going....all the way to the park so I could take a 1 min. potty break (stinkin' water!)...and kept going...and going! I kept thinking "Man! this is FAR! I have never jogged this long!" I finally ended up back home telling Russ I was sure I had to have gone at LEAST 2 miles. I know, that doesn't sound far, but for someone who has NEVER jogged more than 1.5 miles, and only did that like twice in her life, this would have been a great accomplishment. He mapped out the course I told him that I went on a website, and come to find out, I jogged 3.2 miles!! WHAT??!! I could NOT believe it! So, I'm excited. In an effort to document our lives better, I decided I needed to share. I've committed to running a 5K (3.2 miles) for the Pregnancy Resource Center in October, but didn't think I would reach that point for a few months yet! So yeah! Now....if I can just keep this up for like 3 times a week, I will be in good shape....literally:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great! We're just going to start calling you "Forrest." Run Forrest run!! I just hope you don't start growing the beard or anything.

Nichole