Friday, July 29, 2011

Today

Today, I woke with a sore throat. I thought, eh...allergies, no biggie. Coffee is usually the cure for such issues, but even that wasn't helping. Then Em woke up, surprisingly early for her (during the summer, anytime before 9:00 is early...today it was before before 7!). She had that look..the "I-dont-really-feel-well" look. She ended up eating half a poptart and crashing on the couch for another 2 hours. In the meantime, both other kids woke with similar issues. I hate this day already. Yesterday, Em came in to Russ and the following conversation arose:

Em: Hey dad!
Russ: Hey Sugs...
Em: *silence*...so...whatcha doin?
Russ: Just messing around on the computer. What are you doing?
Em: Well....something happened outside. It's not our fault, and we have NO idea how it happened.
Russ: What?

He went out to find a hole in the side of the pool. Yup. Our vinyl pool with a nice tear right in the side. Nice. So...on this day that I hate and would LOVE to ship kids outside to swim out some energy, they can't because a.) they are sick, and b.) there's a hole in the pool. I go to grab our cat and clean out his room (which is the downstairs half bath...commonly referred to as Vietnam since he's been staying in there)and feed and water him for the day. He is locked in his room for the moment due to his obsessive eating holes in carpets issues. Obsessive. He just chews and chews til you can see wood. What is with us and holes in stuff? Geez...anyway, Max is a clever cat and if I'm not Jonny-on-the-spot with his food, he will just help himself, climbing the shelves til he knocks it allover the place and he can feast on a grand buffet. He coincidentally also drinks from the toilet. And opens doors. And plays fetch on a whim. Well...he helped himself to his grand buffet and invited about a bajillion tiny little brown ants to join him. Yup. I hate this day. He doesn't groom himself, and he is a BEAST of a cat last time weighing in at 18 pounds, so I go to pick him up and notice that not only a.) does he have mats covering his entire body (maybe THIS is why he's eating carpet..he's ticked his hair is being pulled) and b.) that there are ants crawling all around in his hair. It was as if he was John the Baptists cat living in the dessert letting bugs crawl all up in his dreds. Yup. I hate this day. Called the groomer, $45 and an interesting cross between awesome and ridiculous, I have an almost hairless cat. She kept his main, and the tip of his tail, and his "boots". He's been fully manscaped and he loves it. The groomer tells me she's sure he has thyroid issues or has diabetes as he's "half the cat he was the last time he was there". I came home and weighed him just to be sure. He's 16 pounds...I'm positive the other 2 pounds was hair. Lord....that's the LAST thing I need is some cat I have to give shots to.

So, my kids start feeling better as they have been obnoxiously antsy due to laying around and being cooped up all day. The cat is clean and manscaped and apparently has to visit the vet to have his thyroid and diabetes checked. The dog is fine...for once. My house is still a complete wreck as apparently a tornado of clothes and toys and old shredded bills and junk are laying allover the place. I have an incredibly packed weekend/week and I still feel like complete junk. But on the upside...my husband took all of us sicky/sore throat girls to enjoy a nice dish of lemon ice cream from The Dairy Bar.....but that also meant I blew my diet. Again. I hate this day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dan has told me that when everything is going haywire Im to remember "Jesus loves me". I think I would have been walking around sayin "Jesus loves me" over and over and over! Hang in there sweetie...someday they'll all be teenagers and then things will calm down...heheheh Aunt Barb