Saturday, July 30, 2011

Safe

This evening we went to a birthday party at a public park that has a big water splashing feature. The kids were supposed to splash and play and generally burn off the excessive amounts of sugar they had just consumed. The park.was.packed. I mean PACKED. I wasn't really over there, cause...I just wasn't in the mood to get wet. As long as I saw my kids every few seconds, no one was bleeding and no one was crying, I was fine to let them play.

When we got in the car, Maebree immediately starts in on how bad all the kids were that were there (to be clear...she was not speaking about any of the kids that were part of the party!). She said she had a rough day of being pushed around. The other two chimed in on how kids were shoving and pushing and splashing water in everyone's faces. I never saw any of this go down, but apparently it happened when I wasn't looking. Not that I don't believe them, because I watched a few of "said" kids steal the big long bubble tubes right off our tables then proceed to start whacking people light saber style right in front of us. As they were telling me these story's, Em comments "I just wish DAD were there..he would've been all 'OH! You wanna shove MY kid? Yeah! You wanna piece of ME?' " Then Mae starts in with how dad would push all those kids back and would yell at them for shoving. They just started going back and forth about all the things "dad" would do to protect them from those bad kids. I just smiled. I'm so thankful that I have a husband that makes me feel safe, and also makes our kids feel safe. He doesn't care what others think, his main priority is to protect his girls. And it works, because when he's around, we all sleep a little better at night.

No comments: