Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Funny Maebree Story

I should make a completely separate page for this category, because it is daily that I have a Maebree story. I will run into people that I haven't' seen for years, but via the wonderful social network Facebook, she seems to be known worldwide. Or at least state wide. She's for sure known town wide as the goofy Houston kid, and on a daily basis, I'm stopped and asked for a funny Maebree story. I can never think of one off the cuff, even though she whips out funny stuff on a minute to minute basis. Stinkin' mommy brain. So I figured I better do a better job of documenting. Here's a little something she came up with over the weekend.

My baby sister got married Saturday. I don't even know how that is possible because in my mind she is still a 10-year-old goofy kid with glasses, big teeth, and an even bigger smile. But alas, she is not 10, she is 24, and apparently it is legal for her to get married. We were in a mad rush to get to the church to get ready. I thought ahead and got myself ready before we left knowing my family and that I would need to help with hair, makeup, etc. So the girls were pretty much left to themselves. I just told them to throw some clothes on and they could change in their dresses at the church. Mae picked not one thing that matched, but since our only stop on the way was Wal-Mart, (and I knew in that particular attire she would fit right in there) I didn't worry about it. I'm in a tizzy of hairspray and eyeliner when I holler to Faith to go ahead and help her sister get her dress on. This was the conversation that took place shortly after:


Faith: UUUhh.....MOM?
Me: (said through a comb stuck in my teeth) Yeah?
Faith: Did you pack Mae some underwear?
Me: No....no I did not. I packed her dress, shoes, and that is all.
Faith: Um....then we have a problem.
Me: Please don't tell me that she peed her pants. I really dont' think that I can handle her peeing her pants at this particular moment.
Faith: Ok...I won't tell you she peed her pants...because she didn't pee her pants. She just is not wearing any underwear. At all.
Me: Nice. Maebree WHY did you not put underwear on when you changed!?
Mae: (hands on her hips) Mom....seriouswy....I was wearing two pairs of shorts. I don't need unerwear! Pyus.....I counin't find any.
Me: Nice.....where is my phone? (dial up Russ...he answers) Honey? Have you left yet....cause your daughter decided to show up to the church not wearing any underwear. And she's going to be in a dress. And it spins. And you know how MUCH she likes to spin. And there isn't even any pull-ups here that I can steal.
Russ: Nice.

We eventually did get her in some underwear...and she did spin like a mad woman in that dress. Hopefully soon I will have pictures to show!

No comments: