Sunday, August 23, 2009

Songstress

I came into the girls room one night to pray with them. They have these cute little flower nightlights from Ikea right above their beds that give off this soft glow in their room. Under her nightlight, Em was sitting on her bed with her little leg propping her guitar up, and just strumming away and singing some song she had made up about Hunter and Jake (our old dog and mom's old dog who both had to be put to sleep recently) to make Faith feel better who was feeling sad about them at the time. I almost cried and then kicked myself for not having a camera to take a picture becuase I seriously thought I saw a glimpse into the future of her for a second. I saw her sitting in her dorm room with her guitar, singing some song she had written on her little dorm couch. It was the cutest thing ever.

She always makes up songs, ALL THE TIME! Everything she says, she sing-songs it. It's hilarious. So today I was feeling nostalgic and in a Bon Jovi-esque type mood. I was singing "Shot through the heart, and your to blame".....you know the rest. We are at Mom's house for lunch, and she is singing the song to herself only she heard the words a little differently. Her version was "Shot through the heart, but your too lame"......I seriously like her version better.

1 comment:

melbys said...

i agree, her version is way better! :0

how cool about the vision of her in the future. i doubt you are very far off, if at all! i'll be praying over her gift of music and writing!