Thursday, August 20, 2009

Emminim of the week.

My kids haven't really been that funny lately....in all seriousness, they've been moody and irritable. Women.

Anyway, tonight, they hit the goof-ball saying jackpot...so here goes!

Faith: Uh-Oh....We can't listen to that song.
Mommy: Why not?
Faith: It's a Jonas Brother song, and I think it has cussing in it.
Mommy: I'm pretty sure the Jonas Brother's don't have a song with cussing in it.
Emmy: Yeah, Nick wouldn't cuss 'cause he has diabetes.



Emmy: Mommy, I can't look at Faith's drink.
Mommy: Why? What's wrong with her drink.
Emmy: It's making me disgusted.
Mommy: Again...why?
Emmy: Because it has strawberries in it and they make me disgusted.


***Driving to Target, and Emmy is fighting with Maebree over the seat belt and the fact that Mae does not want a seat belt on. She cops a major 'tude with me when I ask her to help Maebree at least get it on.

Mommy: Faith, you will have to ride in the back with Maebree becuase evidently....Emmy......well, she just "cant handle the truth" (said in a joking, Jack Nicholson type-way, more so for Didi who was with me).

***Complete silence for about 10 seconds.

Emmy: I CAN handle the truth!! The TRUTH is that I CAN'T put the seat belt on MAEBREE!



I mean, where does she come UP with this stuff? I have never heard of a more "literal" kid in my life!

1 comment:

melbys said...

lol. i cannot wait to have stories like these! you make having 3 kids look fantastic!