Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Faith!!!

My baby girl is 9 today. I have billions of things to post, but today it's all about her. I remember when she was born and they placed her on my tummy. They hadn't even cut the cord yet, and I looked down and she was totally doing a push-up on my belly so she could see me. Not even 1 minute old, and she was holding up her entire upper body! She is such strong little monkey! She had this perfectly round-softball shaped head, not the typical cone-head most kids were born with. She gets that hard noggin skull from her dad:)

I couldn't ask for a better kid (well, sometimes maybe:). She has the most enormous heart of any 9-year-old I have ever seen. She is a HUGE help to me every day with her sisters and "the boys". I often ask Russ how we did it when I didn't have an older kid to help with things. I honestly don't remember. I probably lean on her too much in that area, but she never complains...about that anyway:) She is not a princess, and she never will be, but she loves sports and outdoor activities something that her father is VERY thankful for! My goal today is to let her off the hook. She does not have to pick up one thing that her sisters mess up, she doesn't have to get me a diaper, take her sister potty, or make them lunch. She can be lazy, stay in her jammies, and watch t.v. all day if she so pleases. And right now, she SO pleases!

Happy birthday Faithy!! We love you bunches and bunches:)

1 comment:

melbys said...

aw, faithy! i love you so much! you were one of few babies who made having kids look fantastic. thanks for your encouragement to want a family. if keira is half as cool as you, she'll be incredible!