Saturday, October 25, 2008

Politics Schmolitics

So, I had this great post all typed up and ready to post. I saved it, thought about it, then chickened out. Mainly because after reading it, it just sounded angry and rambling. I am angry about this whole crazy election and the incredibly unfair, biased, and one-sided coverage of it, but I want to sound clear and intelligent and not like some crazy person. You know...for the literally tens of people that actually read this blog:)

Big shocker, anyone who knows us, knows who we are going to be voting for. I think we would consider us conservatives first, then I guess we would fall into the category of Republican simply because that is how we have voted in past elections. I decided that instead of one big rambling post on all the things I'm mad about, I would just do one every couple of days until the election. If your not interested in my opinion...please...feel free to skip to pics of cute kids or some other silly post. There will still be plenty of those.

So today, I'm gonna vent about the fact that all I've been hearing on the mainstream media is all this crap about how the RNC spent $150,000 dollars on Governor Palin's wardrobe. Not that Joe Biden leaked national security secrets about how Obama will be tested or anything of actual importance, but that they had the nerve to spend that much money on clothes. Now, $150,000 is a lot of money to 90% of America....but to be quite honest, I think people like Paris Hilton have dropped that much money on clothes for her dog or some other stupid thing in one hour. So for an entire wardrobe for a woman who is running to be second in command of our country and who will be at countless rallies and such, to me anyway, that doesn't sound like that much. And the last time I checked, whenever you donate to a cause, I'm pretty sure you can't put on the envelope stipulations of exactly what you want that money used for or don't want that money used for. But the funniest thing of all it is not even her supporters that are mad at her for spending that money....IT'S HER CRITICS! The liberal media is the one that is making all this into some big deal. I want a breakdown of what Barack Obama's wardrobe cost. I'm pretty sure he is not buying his suits from Sears people. Same with Joe Biden...better yet...I want to know what it cost for him to get Botox injections in his forehead (have you SEEN his forehead and eyebrows? CREEPY) and that freaky tooth-whitening job. Where's the rundown sheet on that? How much do you think they spent on the lovely Michelle's clothes. Just because she wore a $150 dress (which to me is still a lot of money on 1 dress......I wouldn't spend that on 5 dresses, but I'm a cheapskate) on "The View" doesn't mean she is sporting discount clothing in her every day wear.

I don't understand why the media insists on singling Governor Palin out on such stupid things. Maybe it's because they are scared of her, maybe they are jealous, or maybe they have just run out of things to pick on her for. I swear...if I have to hear about her shooting a wolf from a helicopter one more time, I think I will slit my wrists....ok, that's drastic, but I will definitely scream. I don't really care what they say about her, and their stupid polls mean nothing to me (just ask John Kerry what they meant to him). All I know is women like her because she is a confidant, strong woman who has had to stand behind her principles and her views and has had to "walk the talk" (wink wink, stole that from you RK:o)in the most difficult situations. Men like her because, well, lets face it.....what guy doesn't like an athletic, hot chick who knows how to use a gun. That's pretty awesome.

1 comment:

RK said...

I'm so gonna look forward to your political posts. I wish I had the mental capacity to put some together myself.

The thing about this that gets to me is that she doesn't even get to keep the clothes (that total was for her and her family for the convention, and her for the campaign) as they're going to charity after the campaign...auctioning off for charity.

Get your news right America... good one, M!