Friday, May 7, 2010

Dear Cake Letter

Dear Cake,

This is a very difficult letter to write. We haven't seen each other for close to two weeks now. It's been a hard but necessary transition. You were my first love....with all your sugary goodness. I love the anticipation of meeting up with you at various weddings, birthdays, showers, etc. I almost cant wait for the stinkin' couple to say "I do", and get all that other crap like receiving lines, dinner, first dances, and the ridiculous throwing of the bouquet out of the way so that we can share in a couple minutes of sugary bliss. You have left a lasting impression on me.

But today I went into my closet and grabbed a pair of jeans that I haven't worn in two years. Oh, I've tried them on several times in the past two years. I have even managed to get them buttoned, after much stretching, lying on the floor, and prayer. But they never stayed on because the muffin top was just too uncomfortable. Today, they went on with ease. I didn't even have to lay down or cuss. There is still a little "muffin", but it's not so bad I can't wear them.

So with a heavy heart I must tell you that I am leaving you, but just for a while longer. My self-image is winning over in this case. Rice cakes and peanut butter have taken your sweet place in my life, and your calories are just too much for me right now. I will no doubt revisit you sometime in the future when I can handle our relationship a little better. Say, in about three weeks? It will be my birthday, and by golly, there will.be.cake.

Sincerely,

Misty

2 comments:

RK said...

Way to go you! Putting on a pair of long lost jeans is the best feeling. I can get mine on and wear them comfortably, but I'm looking forward to looking a bit better IN them. :o)

(And then I'm looking forward to saying goodbye to them as I pass them right by to the smaller size, too!!!)

melbys said...

LOVE this post and man, you are inspiring! why, oh why, did i buy those ice cream sandwiches yesterday?! i certainly can't let them go to waste though! :)