Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mae-Mae's "Pintheth"


My daughter has this dress. She calls it her "pintheth" which is Maebrinese for princess. She cycles through a few dresses that are acceptable princess dresses if, for example, this one is dirty, has Cheetos allover it, or she poops in it. But she always comes back to this one and insists on wearing it every day, all day, and all night. I never allowed my other two such liberties with clothing choices (I don't like them wearing the same thing twice in one month, let alone every day!), but with her, I've lost all care as far as grooming goes:) I mean, she's typically clean, but were home all day, so who cares, right?

Well, I have to document this because some day I will inevitably forget. We have this massive pumpkin growing in our backyard (yes....it's back....don't even ask! It's for another post), so what better way to document her "pintheth" dress than in a pumpkin patch straight out of the pages of Cinderella!!!




She really loves this dress because she can "thpin" really well in it (which is maebrinese for "spin"....yeah...my kid has a lisp and I love it. Get over it:)



And who needs a fancy pumpkin carriage when you can ride out of there on a four wheeler!! Right? So typical Mae-Mae!

1 comment:

melbys said...

i LOVE this and i'm excited for when keira is attached to something like that! although i am not liking how attached she is to certain shoes and the meltdowns she has if she can't wear sandals with tights. ugh.