Saturday, September 26, 2009

Growing up

Last night my Emmy came running in excited that her tooth was "just about to come out". It will be her first tooth she has lost just becuase and didn't have to have pulled out by our dentist. She grabbed an icepack, toothbrush, and an apple and went to town. She ran in, showed me her "prize" and then insisted we call daddy to tell him the good news. Of course, her main concern was that she was getting a dollar...in fact....her exact words to Russ were "Yeah! It just came out!! Are you going to give me a dollar?!" After she handed me the phone, he informed me that she no longer sounds like a little kid, which is true...she does not.

This morning Maebree woke up at 7:00. She did not cry, call me to her room to "let her out" or sit at my bed until I woke up. She simple opened her door, came into our room, and proceeded to go pee (in the bathroom and on the toilet:) all by herself....no help from me at all. I heard the toilet flush, lid slam down, and then she walked back to her room and shut the door. She is 2.........TWO!! I forget that sometimes. It didn't last, she quickly decided that she indeed wanted to be awake and was "hun-gee", but just the simple act of her getting up and going to the bathroom all by herself almost sent me into panic mode. I no longer have little babies. I have little women.

Everyone responds to me with "Well, I guess it's just time to add another one!" to which I say "Uh...No thanks". Part of me says yes, yes we are DONE! I want no more sleepless nights, stretch marks, or saggy anything. But when someone else says we are done (aka my husband), I go into a little panic inside. I don't know why, I don't get it, but I just do. I don't want any more girls, I love my girls, but I just don't think I can handle one more drama queen. Four in the house is plenty:)

No comments: