Thursday, November 6, 2008

Well there ya go.....

So I haven't really been able to think of what to say about this whole election. It didn't go the way I wanted, that is for SURE! But it's over, and I guess I can be glad about that.

I know that God is not surprised about what happened, and I have to remind myself that He is my Comander and Chief, my Healthcare, my Protector, my Economy, etc.... I have to remind myself not to worry, He has a plan, He always does.

On another note, Russ did have to talk our 8-year-old future Young Republican off the ledge yesterday morning. She was so distraught, he had to pray with her before she went to school. I went to her Parent-Teacher conference later that evening, and her teacher informed me that she was involved in a discussion the day before with another kid in her class about the candidates. While still being respectful to the other kid, she was simply stating the facts as to why she didn't like Barack Obama. When I asked her about it, she told me she was telling the kid that "He will raise all our taxes and he does think it's ok to take babies out of mommies tummies before they are ready so that they die". She said "That kid just kept saying he didn't believe me, but I told him the truth" :o) Her teacher said she was secretly doing a "You Go Girl" and I just sat back and beamed with pride:) What a kid!

1 comment:

RK said...

Good stuff. I'm still at a loss for words, but I feel like something still needs to be said.

And you go, oldest little Peep! That's the next generation we need to get us back on track!