Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Five going on breakin'-my-heart

My baby girl turned 5 on Friday. Did you hear that? MY BABY TURNED 5!!!! I survived, but not without a little bit of tears on both our parts (she doesn't want to go to school, she wants to be four forever). I don't know what else to say except that I am both happy and sad at the same time. She's just the most unique and random child we have, quite frankly....in the world...and the fact that we get to be the ones to raise her is such a blessing! We celebrated with MANY friends and family with a "Tangled" themed party. Someday when I have adequate internet, I will post pictures. Unfortunately, I do not and am not able to post more than a couple. During this post alone, I've had to reset the "box" 3 times. sigh....

Here's her invite (benefits of mommy being a Photog;)

And one of her in her Rapunzel costume at the party. My sister decorated our new (made mostly and entirely by MEEE) tree swing into a princess swing and I got pics of all the little girls dressed in their princess best. She is wearing a ridiculous wig that she insisted upon that by that time had been to the dark side of the moon and back. HENCE the rattiness. But she's still stankin' cute. Even with the awkward "I want to run a muck with my friends and you're makin' me pose for this stupid picture" face.
And before it starts:
  • NO, it's not time for another one. We have zero plans of continuing our family on in the human way. We are content with the girls God has blessed us with.
  • No we are not "trying for that boy". In fact, I'm making a statement right now that if ONE MORE person makes that comment to me..."you gotta get that boy, you gotta try for that boy" as if we have ANYTHING to do with what sex of a child God gave us, I will...100% punch you in the face. Don't say it. Don't pretend that you are a messenger of the Lord sent to tell us how unsatisfied with our family we should be because we don't have any children with boy parts. There was a time I thought I wouldn't be, until he gave us Maebree, then I realized we are gonna be just fine.
  • Remember that I will punch you in the face. And I fight dirty.

No comments: