Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sewing Machine

In an effort to post something a little lighter than my last two "rants" (and so that people don't think I'm a super grouch...really...am a fairly pleasant person 95.8% of the time), I thought I'd share another funny Grandma P story.

I want my kids to always remember her as she is: The perfect amount of crazy. Not like CRAZY crazy...but sometimes she makes you wonder. She went to visit her sister in Florida this last week, and I got on the phone with her to wish her a good safe trip. Here was our interaction after some small talk:

Grandma P: Ooh..before I forget. The sewing machine is on my front porch.

Me: Ok.....

GP: It's on the left hand side by the front door and it probably has blanket over it. Make sure you get it this week. I set it out for you.

Me: Ok......

GP: You'll probably have to replace the bobbin and there is some thread in the needles and, well, everything you'll need to go with it is in the case.

Me: Ok.....

GP: I told your mom I'd give you some old patterns and stuff so you can make that stuff you were talking about. It's all there. Don't forget to get it so you can start working on your projects.

Me:...Uh....Ok......


*couple notes:
  • I.....never said I wanted a sewing machine. I tried sewing a straight line once in a sheet to make some curtains and I couldn't even do that.
  • I have no idea what a bobbin is and wouldn't know the first thing about replacing it.
  • I never mentioned anything about patterns or any project I would be working on anytime ever.
  • I will never tell her that I never said anything about wanting a sewing machine.
  • I still haven't picked up the sewing machine...and she is coming home today. I fully expect to get a phone call scolding me about not picking up said sewing machine. Cause you know..those "projects" won't do themselves.
  • Sigh....I love my grandma.
If anyone wants to give me some lessons on sewing...you know...in ALL the FREE time I have, I may or may not be open to it.

No comments: