Thursday, September 22, 2011

Boring Ol Housewife.

I wish. I was reading the "About Me" section I filled out way back when I started this blog (my those were simpler times) and I described myself as a "boring ol' housewife". I then laughed and laughed and laughed until I felt like passing out so I stopped. I wish I was a boring 'ol housewife. But no...I gotta try and build an empire or something. Russ and I joke about how people just don't understand what "big deals" we are, I with my photography, he with his......whatever he seems to be overachieving at that particular day. I said we are like the JLo/Marc Anthony of St. Joe but without the amazing Latin heritage, or the creepy inexplicable skinniness (Marc A), or the pending divorce and twins and.....the...um...."junk in the trunk" (that would be me...I have no junk up in my trunk. This is an area that I am in agreement with the whole "spread the wealth" philosophy on. I would like to spread some wealth of my hips and thighs and belly to my trunk). So....maybe we really aren't like J/Marc, but they do have an fun new clothing line at Kohls and I gotta give them mad props for that.

I am taking some much needed time off over the winter to slow down my brain a little. I want to enjoy Christmas with my kids. I want to not be working their ENTIRE school break. I want to pain my kitchen a new color. I want to decorate my house for all the upcoming holidays. I just want to enjoy life again without all the crazy/business that seems to have taken over lately. I want to start next year off organized and ready to take on the year and not hold on for dear life like a roller coaster that's taken off without the safety bar being locked firmly in place. This year...I'm gonna do it!

PS: We really don't think we are "big deals". It's a joke. We aren't self absorbed jerks.

No comments: