Friday, December 4, 2009

An unplanned day

I planned a few things for this day. I was going to decorate my house and tree. I was going to get my Christmas Card list ready. I did not plan any of the following:

I did not plan to feed my kids cookies for breakfast.
I did not plan to eat nothing but pretzels and M&Ms all day.
I did not plan on cleaning puke out of my carpet.
I did not plan on cleaning puke off my couch and ottoman.
Also didn't plan on cleaning puke off the dog.
Didn't plan on vaccumming up 100 pounds of glitter off my carpet.
I didn't plan on getting said glitter stuck in my eye only to have it screw up my contact for life.

*sigh* Just another not about the puking....as I'm decorating the tree and heard said "noise" coming from Emmy on the couch, my response was not the nurturing, motherly response it should've been. It was "Really?! Really....you just PUKED on my COUCH!? AND the floor!? There is a bathroom five steps away and REALLY?!" Yep. I got mad at my kid for throwing up. Just for the record....I did apologize. Is it January 2010 yet?



*****Addendum***** I also didn't plan on waking at 2:00 a.m. this morning to clean puke only to shower the child, throw her stuff in the washer, and put her in bed with me to have her puke all over my pillow and hair at 2:30. If I ever give my kids another Christmas cookie....punch me right in the face.

1 comment:

melbys said...

aw, i'm so sorry for both you and that sick emmy. hope she's doing better today and hopefully your house is as well. :) just brush that standard mom guilt off your shoulders, ok?!