Sunday, October 25, 2009

Urbanathalon

Last weekend my husband ran in the Chicago Urbanatholon. It is a 12 miles race with lots of crazy, fun obstacles. In order to not repeat the debacle that was losing him at the Marathon last year, we left the kids and took our BFFs with us instead.


At the end of the race, they had to jump over two taxis and then climb an 8-foot wall. It was crazy, but I got video of him, separately, doing both. *****DISCLAIMER******* turn the volume down on your computer before hitting play. I quite possibly have the most annoying voice in the history of the world, and when I get excited....it just gets worse.

I did get some video of him finishing the wall climb, but really, it was 5 seconds long, and I only started it once he was at the top. It was seriously crazy there!


I also had my closet encounter with a somewhat famous person. Can you guess who it is? I will give you a hint....it is not Seal, Heidi Klum's husband:)


That would be Tyrese Gibson, star of Transformers 1 and 2...well...sort of. Apparently he also did some underwear modeling, but I wouldn't know about that.

Anyway, my husband did AWESOME despite not training, like at all, for this, as usual:) We had a blast with our friends, hit Ikea on the way home, and just all around had an excellent weekend. Thanks for coming with us guys!

1 comment:

Brian said...

Dont forget that Tyrese was also in 2FAST2FURIOUS