Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Max gettin' his shave on!

I have this cat. Most of you know this cat. You either love him or he drives you nuts. We love him AND he drives us nuts. But he is a good cat. He's about as low-maintenance as any cat could be. We could literally leave him for days and he would be fine. No food left in his bowl? No problem! He just opens the closet door and helps himself to his cat food. No water? No issue! There are three toilets in this house all filled with cold drinking water! Litter full? He could care less! Just unroll some toilet paper, cover the box and start all over. (really. He did that!) He opens doors (GREAT parlor trick for company), plays fetch with the kids, and has a general love of all people and things.

He is not a diva, despite his sissy little "meow". He doesn't care about things like hygiene or grooming, as evidenced in his before pics.
He is a large cat at 18 pounds and has just about that much in hair. I don't have time to brush him every day, three times a day in order to keep it under control (not to mention the allergies would be out of control if I did that!) So he just goes and goes until we see he is miserable with matts then I call up our local pet groomer and pay to have him shaved or "cut down" as she calls it.

I picked him up today, and of course she was raving about what a nice cat he was and how he just loves everyone but didn't care for the dogs barking or her actual razor, but he still just purred and purred and loved on her....yeah yeah yeah, Max loves everyone. I didn't see him until I got him home.....then I laughed for 20 minutes straight whilst singing "The Circle of Life" from the Lion King.


He looks somewhere between awesome and ridiculous. He is much happier, probably due to all the extra attention he is getting. But I think he just feels good too. I mean, what girl doesn't love their hair after a fresh new haircut? :)

1 comment:

melbys said...

oh my gosh, that is laugh out loud funny in pictures. i can't imagine how much i'd be laughing in real life. i think keira and i definitely need to come and visit max (and the rest of you - wink)!