Monday, April 27, 2009

The week in review....

This past week was a crazy one. I feel like it flew by and I CANNOT believe that it's almost May! Here are a few of the highlights....(or lowlights)...

*We bought a bunch of plants last weekend and planted some new bushes in the front. It looks good! I can't wait for my Gerber daisies to grow!

*Softball season is officially kicked off! Faith is excited, and her new nickname from her team is "House" which her dad and I think is awesome. She is putting it on the back of her shirt.

*Emmy got her costume for her dance recital. They are doing a routine to "It's a Small World", and all the girls costumes are all from a different country. I think hers is supposed to be from Holland, but she looks like a french maid. It's kind of scary:)

*Jury Duty was crap. I was actually put on a jury on Thursday. I sat through the entire jury vetting process and was SURE I would be excused to enjoy the rest of my weekend because I went to high school with one of the witnesses. I informed them of that during questioning, but they kept me anyway. As a last ditch effort, when asked if there was any reason at all I did not want to be there, I folded my arms and replied "Absolutely. It's 75 degrees outside and I want to be playing with my kids or planting my new flowers." The judge and lawyers laughed. I guess they thought I was being cute and funny. I was not. It didn't work, and I had to decide if one guy hit another guy in a bar fight. Yeah.

*I took great pictures of the cutest chunky monkey I know (besides my own kids of course, who really aren't "chunky monkey's"). I had some good conversation with his big sister at the swing set, and we solved all the worlds problems:) I miss our lunchtime talks...........

*Maebree is trying to potty train herself. I realized I'm not ready for it. I took the changing table out of her room and almost started crying. It's still in our hallway.

*I made reservations for the hubs and I to go to Chicago (Ok, Oakbrook, but close enough) so I can break-down and buy a Mac. It's our first trip without the kids since Mae was born. I flippin' can't wait!!! Plus, he's going to take me to see Wolverine. That wouldn't be exciting for most women, but I am not like most women, and any excuse to see Hugh Jackman beating people up is OK with me.

*Lost was a re-run and that was crap. What are we going to do at the end of May?

*I started jogging. I'm really sore and out of shape, but I jogged a whole mile before stopping!! YIPPEE!! Except Nichole kicked my butt, so I gotta catch up with her......

*I spent five hours, YES FIVE HOURS!, cleaning Faith and Emmy's room. There ended up being two huge 75-gallon bags FULL of trash and one 75-gallon bag full of donation stuff by the end of it. They have a 300-square-foot room, and they filled it with garbage and junk. Plus, they are girls and they like to try on clothes and then leave them wherever. I found things I had been looking for for weeks. It's Tuesday, we cleaned on Saturday, and it's STILL clean. Here's hopin' it stays that way.

Well, that's it. My life is so exciting:) I plan on starting dance club back up again (it's raining and I can't jog), so that should be exciting. I hope I don't pull something....

2 comments:

RK said...

Jogging, dancing, and cleaning... yeah, I can't relate to any of those things. :)

And while *I* could miss Wolverine and not care, my husband is all over it and since we don't really have friends here, I'll get to be the one who goes with him. Oh wait, maybe he'll ask his brother!!

melbys said...

sorry. i'm still jealous about jury duty. sure, i'll probably feel differently when i'm sitting in a boring courtroom when it's 75 out, but still. i need to at least have the experience under my belt!