Saturday, April 11, 2009

My running man

My hubby ran in the Illinois Marathon on Saturday (this was all of waiting for him to come in). He ran with 3 other's guys on the fire department in the relay. He was the second man in the relay and had to run 7 miles....not really a big deal for him under normal circumstances. Except they don't do things normally at the fire department:)

I think you will see what I mean....

Yep...they ran with their air packs on. Can you imagine running 7 miles with a 30 pound tank on your back while breathing through a tube? No thanks! I can't imagine running 7 miles period. This clip was taken at the end and he had to remove the mask since there was no more air left in the tank and he was getting ready to hand of to the other guy.

Russ coming down the last stretch.

Us aftering our stud came in!

2 comments:

melbys said...

keira was pretty excited to see your video. she was clapping for russ along with everyone else!

RK said...

So YOU were part of the reason that on the ONE weekend we pick to come to town we have to sit forEVER at that exact intersection!

(If I'd have known you guys were right there we'd have come over and said hey...we could have just left our car on the road for as long as we were there.)

And I say kudos to anyone who can run, let alone with an air tank!!!