Saturday, February 7, 2009

Dad's Home!!!

Most of you who read this blog know the whole story with my dad. It's been a rough few years, but after almost two years in a Christian rehabilitation facility named Teen Challenge, he has completed and if FINALLY home!! Yeah!! It was a very busy couple of days but we had a great time and are all extremely proud of him for finishing the program. It hasn't been easy, especially for my mom, but the end is finally here and maybe we can get back to some sort of normalcy. Well....as normal as my crazy dad can be;)

I thought I would share some of my favorite pics from the weekend:

Russ and Emmy being silly at dinner, and Samantha and Eli snuggling....




Russ and his girls...they were thrilled to be there, can you tell?





Jon and Noah, his "Mini-Me"....




Dad giving his testimony


A couple of family pics...the first is the great-grandmas with the babies, and the second is our whole fam...



We decided the next day on our way home, we would stop to have some fun since it was my moms 50th B-DAY!!! Whoo Hoo, she looks GOOD for 50 huh? We went to the Putman Museum in Davenport:


Diana talking to a special kitty


Russ and Faith lighting a bulb



Mae and her "Yai-Yai" being children of the corn


Mom and dad snuggling in the boat

When good marsupials go bad

Essies ancestors
Huh? Really? :)

All and all, it was a fun trip, but I'm glad it's all finally over!
We love ya Papa!

No comments: