Friday, January 9, 2009

The "Christmas Post"....FINALLY!


So here it is, January 9th, and I'm just now posting on Christmas. I'm such a lazy woman these days, I have no excuse. Above is my Christmas tree, the day I took it down. I was so sad Christmas was here and gone, I turned off all my lights and looked at my tree glowing in the quiet of that morning, it was actually kind of peaceful. I love decorating my house and having the warm glow of the lights, I just wanted to savor the last few minutes I had it:o)

Christmas this year was probably the best it has been in the past 3 years, with the exception of a little panic early (and I mean early!) Christmas Eve morning with regards to my dad being lost at the airport (he wasn't, the Wench at LEX Express lied and told us they didn't pick him up when in fact he had gotten on the bus..long story...DON'T use Lex Express!) Bottom line, Dad got here safe and sound, Thank you GOD!

Christmas came, was a blast, and past. Our Christmas Eve traditions went off without any hitches. We did our traditional hanging of the ornaments (Yes, they got their tree the day before Christmas Eve, for $10:o), and Jon got us started with a little American Idol karaoke...

He's such a freak:o) I wish I had video to show, it was pretty funny. Next up was "Charlie Brown's Christmas", my dad's favorite Christmas cartoon because it is the only one that tells the true meaning of Christmas. And yes...Emmy is picking her nose:o)

Next, dad read the Christmas story, and my older girls were really annoyed due to all the action in the room involving Mae, Noah, and Eli. They are a bit young to sit still through an entire story, and the fire in the fireplace looked much more appealing to Noah:)

You can truly read the annoyance on Emmy's face! Mae only cared about the little glass house mom had set out....

The evening was capt off with a not-so-little game of monopoly, debit card style. This game lasted for two straight days before they finally had to end it!

Christmas morning was filled with a free-for-all present unwrapping beginning at our house and being taken over to mom's. I have too many pictures to post of my kids opening all their presents, so I will spare all of you! My sister (or should I say the future Mrs. David Cook) did pose with her favorite present....

He just needs to dump that stinkin' other little AI tramp and she's "In like Flynn"

My favorite moment of Christmas was when my mom and dad opened their present from us kids. I had an idea to give my mom a memory book that I made. Diana and I worked on it for like 2 1/2 months before Christmas, and our goal was simple..."this better make them cry".....

....It did....a lot:) We also all pitched in and got them a new digital camera since mom had to sell theirs at their garage sale when Dad first went to TC to pay some bills. I put a note on it when they opened it that this was to make some "new, good memories".

I think it's working so far:)

So our Christmas was awesome this year. It wasn't about presents or all the commercial "crap" that comes with it. We all were together most of the weekend, and there were no fights or tension that has accompanied the last few Christmas's we have had. It was wonderful.

Next up...Happy New Year...Happy new DIET!

No comments: