Friday, January 31, 2014

It's official.......

Not much phases me anymore. Imagine making a delicious batch of gluten-free banana peanut butter brownies. Then imagine the excitement of getting to take one to work with you the next day because your sugar addicted family didn't eat them all. You open that delicious zip locked wrapped brownie and notice that something else is in the bag. Something white. And tooth like.

Yep. It's a tooth. I should've prefaced this with the fact that every child I have lost a tooth last week and mommy was in the hole big time for tooth funds. I had just settled up and there was dang teeth like.......everywhere. Apparently I grabbed the zip locked that contained one precious gem.

Here's the unphased part: I shrugged my shoulders, dropped that tooth in an envelope like it was hot and went to town on that brownie. I'm not gonna let a little thing like a baby tooth get in the way of my desserts. Maybe I've reached that point, though I think cupping your hands to catch vomit is that "point" and Lord knows I've done that.  I think Im just a selfish dessert eater. Especially when it's one I CAN eat.

I would've provided photographic evidence of this, but apparently teeth is a hot-button gross-out issue for some as many of the people I told dry heaved into their mouths. Wussies.

Admit it.....you thought this was gonna be a way cooler post. No where in your head did you imagine toothy brownies.

2 comments:

bdevine said...

Misty, you are so flippin funny!!! I totally would have eaten a toothy brownie too, but you were brave enough to bring the madness to light. Bravo Misty,bravo!!!

Theresa said...

I'm pretty sure in my pre-diabetic life I would have eaten a toothy brownie too and I've definitely caught vomit in my hands before. That is "the line". :-)