Thursday, May 10, 2012

The "eye's" have it

We've been struggling with Emmy's eyes for the past few weeks. They've been red and itchy and generally kind of gross looking. I took her into the doctor a few weeks ago and we left with a diagnosis of pink eye.  Or so we thought. Picked up the  $8 antibiotic from Meijer and went on our way.  Only it didn't help and we were back in the clinic Monday.  Allergies...we think.  Back to Meijer pharmacy, $5 allergy eye drops....didn't work.  I called Monday evening and the doctor felt she needed to see a pediatric optometrist.  SOoooooooo....(after not hearing and having to call for the appt time, not because of her doctor, her doctor is the most amazing woman ) Tuesday we were back in and he diagnosed it as severe allergies with cysts inside her eyeballs. YIKES!   Glad we got it handled, glad we caught it before something really bad happened, and kinda sad that she's gonna struggle with it every year.  Back to Meijer pharmacy only this price tag was a bit different: $175.  One-hundred-seventy-five-dollars.  HOLY FREAKIN WOW!  You have got to be kidding me?  The pharmacist is soooo nice and tells me she had already called to see if there was something a little more affordable knowing we had been in there several times  and there was not.  I asked her if the drops were made from the urine of a unicorn and she laughed and told me no.

So we are on day two of operation "Unicorn Pee" drops and she seems to be slowly clearing up.  Thank God.  Hopefully she will be completely cleared by the end of the week and back to normal!  I am three days behind on my work (throw in a well-visit for Mae and 3 dentist appointments), I have just completed "Operation Stinky-Pup Clean-up" and am gonna have to tackle the pigsty that IS my house because I gotta start back allover again come this weekend.

I need a nap.

No comments: